- COVID 19 & BREXIT Shipping Update
- Want to hear it?
- Express Delivery
- Trade In
More than eight years after introducing the TL-7.5 Reference preamplifier to universal acclaim, VTL presents the latest version, the TL7.5 Series III. The new model incorporates numerous technological advances while retaining the best elements of the TL-7.5 platform. The proven strengths of the original system architecture include: a fully balanced differential design; a hybrid circuit that combines tubes in the gain stage for voltage linearity (less than 2dB NFB) with a MOSFET buffer for greater current capacity; a high resolution volume control; and a clean box/dirty box architecture with multiple precision-regulated power supplies. The highly-regarded user interface of the TL7.5 platform sets the standard for intuitiveness, and ease of use.
The Series III builds on improvements made to the Series II for an even higher level of performance. The new design features an extensively revised power supply based on current-sourced shunt regulator technology that minimizes impact on the audio signal by eliminating high voltage gain. Far more precise power regulation yields dramatically improved rejection of noise and AC fluctuation.
The completely redesigned high current gain stage utilizes newly available FET technology developed for green technologies such as solar panels and electric cars that require a normally-on state. Unlike MOSFETs that need to be biased on, normally-on devices operate more like vacuum tubes in the audio output stage, with simpler circuits that continuously conduct current, resulting in a more tube-like sound. The high-current gain stage has been further optimized for linearity with zero global negative feedback in the circuit.
Also included in the upgrade are new specially selected audiophile grade capacitors and a fully bi-directional RS-232 control interface for increased compatibility with modern home theater systems.
Enhancements to the Series III result in an even higher level of coherence, integration and transparency of sound, with dramatically improved mid-bass and midrange, and a more tube-like sonic character.
- Isolated Control Unit chassis with 12 separate fully regulated power supplies
- Separate Audio Unit chassis with zero internal digital activity and isolated from AC and power supply noise
Audio unit features
- Fully balanced differential circuit with balanced in and out, and mirror-image layout
- Simple 2-stage circuit topology with differential gain stage and output buffers for musical purity and integrity
- Ultra low impedance output stage to drive any length of cable and any power amplifier/paralleled amplifier/subwoofer load
- 30 microfarad output capacitors for vastly improved bass control
- Tube complement: 2 – 12AU7 tubes
- Gain switching between normal gain and low gain with 6dB gain reduction
- Single fully balanced differential 95-step 70dB discrete resistor relay attenuator for all attenuation functions, using low signal instrumentation ruthenium relays for greatest resolution
- Microphonically damped tube gain stage for greater vibration noise elimination
Control power supply unit features
- Ramped B+ filament soft-start power up for extended tube life
- Huge energy storage power supply for elimination of AC fluctuation and noise rejection
- Low noise processor control design for all functions
User interface features
- Processor loop – any of 8 inputs can be assigned as fixed unity gain pass through
- Tape monitor function for both tape loops
- 4 separately programmable trigger outputs
- Bi-directional RS-232 interface
- Programmable input offsets
- Selectable padded inputs
- Rigid Combination steel and non-magnetic chassis and machined aluminum remote wand
- Factory upgradeable from Series I and Series II
Audio unit features
- New FET device output stage for more tube-like sound and simpler circuit
- New device in the gain stage current source for improved musicality and better single-ended operation
- Zero Global NFB for vastly improved faster dynamic and tonal resolution, and unconditionally stable circuit, without any phase shift.
- All audiophile grade Mundorf capacitors in signal path with bypass system for improved HF resolution
Control power supply unit features
- Vastly improved lower impact and greater precision-regulated current-sourced shunt power supply
- Teflon power supply bypass caps for improved top end
|Vacuum Tube Complement||2 x 12AU7|
|Inputs||4 pairs balanced/XLR or RCA single-ended, 4 pairs single-ended/RCA|
|Outputs||2 pair balanced out, 2 pairs single-ended RCA out, 2 pairs single-ended RCA buffered Tape Out|
|Remote control functions||Power, Source Select, Volume up/down, Mute, Fade, Balance Control, Phase Reverse|
|Gain||Balanced in and Balanced out: 19.2 dB, Single-ended in and Balanced out: 19.2 dB
Balanced in and Single-ended out: 13.2 dB, Single-ended in and Single-ended out: 13.2 dB
|Output impedance||25Ω, Max 150Ω @ 10Hz|
|Input impedance||50kΩ, 20kΩ min|
|Frequency Response +0 -1 dB||1Hz – 100kHz (20Hz – 100kHz +0 –1dB into 600Ω with 900pF 20’ interconnect cable)|
|Maximum Output Voltage <1% THD||30V into 10kΩ or above (10Hz – 200kHz +/-1dB)
10V into 600Ω
|Channel separation||>100dB @ 1kHz (>80dB @ 20kHz)|
|Dimensions W x D x H||Control chassis – 17.5 x 17.5 x 4 inches (44.5 x 44.5 x 10.2 cm)
Audio chassis – 17.5 x 17.5 x 6 inches (44.5 x 44.5 x 15.3 cm)
|Weight||90 lbs (40.82 Kg) Fully packed in two boxes
Unpacked weight: Audio Unit – 38lbs (17.24Kg), Control Unit – 32lbs (14.50Kg)
We are still delivering orders as normal. When your order ships you will still receive tracking details. For UK shipments, Our couriers have procedures in place to ensure deliveries are arriving as quickly & safely as possible. Drivers can now sign for your parcels, however will notify you that they have arrived, in order to ensure you receive your parcel. Signing for the parcel has now been stopped temporally for hygiene reasons. Drivers are also working with customer instructions, so you can ask them to leave the parcel in a safe place (doorstep etc...) if you prefer not to come into direct contact with the driver.
There has been no changes to deliveries with Brexit. All deliveries to the UK mainland, Northern Ireland and the Republic of Ireland are operating as normal. No VAT or charges are applicable.
We have several deomonstation areas in both of our branches. Please give us a call on 03435236169 or email email@example.com to enquire about hearing products at your local branch.
Please always contact us before to make sure the product(s) are available
Express Delivery is FREE on all orders over £50. Express Delivery offers delivery in 24-72 hours from time of purchase. We use premium couriers for this service, mainly DPD & Royal Mail. DPD will offer you a one hour window for delivery to make sure someone is at home, or you can reschedule the delivery if no one is around.
Here at Kronos AV, we have vast experience with e-commerce sales. Making sure that your parcel arrives undamaged is a huge priority for us. That’s why at Kronos AV, we only use premium couriers for all our orders. All our parcels are shipped with DPD or Royal Mail and are always sent Signed For to make sure it gets to the right person.
If for any reason your parcel does arrived damaged, please get in touch, and we will be happy to get everything resolved for you. We are always on hand to help!
We can offer very generous trade in offers across the majority of our product range.
Why not ask and see how much you HiFi is worth!
To find out how much your HiFi is worth... Click Here
If you have any question, please feel free to call us on 03435236169 or email firstname.lastname@example.org