"At the under $2000 price point, the new low output Soundsmith Zephyr MIMIC Star is an overachiever that gives you a glimpse of the best in terms of non-mechanical, artifact-free performance..." - Michael Fremer / analogplanet.com
Recently, Peter Ledermann decided to see if he could stretch the limits of the MIMC's performance even higher without stretching past the $2k price point ... little did any of us know how far he would be able to take it!
The updated Zephyr MIMC ☆ smashes through sonic barriers with its new laser-drilled Sapphire cantilever and select nude Contact-Line diamond stylus!
This is probably the most important Soundsmith model to have in your arsenal. It brings an astounding portion of the performance available only in our top-level low output cartridges.
- Cartridge Type: Fixed Coil
- Output: High
- Available As Dual Coil Mono: Yes
- Stylus: Selected Contact Line low mass Nude Stylus
- Radius of curvature: 6 x 17 μm
- Cantilever:Laser Drilled Sapphire
- Recommended tracking force: 1.8 to 2.2 grams
- Effective tip mass: 0.32 mg
- Compliance: 10 μm/mN (low compliance)
- Frequency response: 15-45,000 Hz ± 2.0 dB
- Channel separation (stereo only): 1000 Hz >28 dB, 50-15,000 >25 dB
- Channel difference: <1.0 dB (Stereo), <0.5 dB (Dual Mono operation- w/optimal VTF setting)
- Output Voltage: ≥0.4 mV
- DC Resistance (DCR): 10-11 Ω each channel
- Coil: 2.75 mH each channel
- Suggested Preamp Gain: 58-64 dB
- Soundsmith Recommends: MCP2 Variable Loading Preamp
- Cartridge weight: 10.25 grams
- Loading: ≥ 470 Ω
We have several deomonstation areas in both of our branches. Please give us a call on 03435236169 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to enquire about hearing products at your local branch.
Please always contact us before to make sure the product(s) are available
Express Delivery is FREE on all orders over £50. Express Delivery offers delivery in 24-72 hours from time of purchase. We use premium couriers for this service, mainly DPD & Royal Mail. DPD will offer you a one hour window for delivery to make sure someone is at home, or you can reschedule the delivery if no one is around.
Here at Kronos AV, we have vast experience with e-commerce sales. Making sure that your parcel arrives undamaged is a huge priority for us. That’s why at Kronos AV, we only use premium couriers for all our orders. All our parcels are shipped with DPD or Royal Mail and are always sent Signed For to make sure it gets to the right person.
If for any reason your parcel does arrived damaged, please get in touch, and we will be happy to get everything resolved for you. We are always on hand to help!
We can offer very generous trade in offers across the majority of our product range.
Why not ask and see how much you HiFi is worth!
To find out how much your HiFi is worth... Click Here
If you have any question, please feel free to call us on 03435236169 or email email@example.com