- Will the arm be compatible with your cartridge?
- Will the arm work well with your deck?
- General Specs
- COVID 19 & BREXIT Shipping Update
- Express Delivery
- Trade In
The Zephyr tonearm is a considerable advance on the Silver with stronger, hard-to-machine alloys used throughout the yoke and base. It also includes additional stiffening and damping in the arm tube. All this adds up to a clear improvement in bass weight, dynamics, resolution and image stability – worthy of belonging to our premium range.
- High grade aircraft alloy tube with internal stiffening and special rear stub for improved counterweight rigidity
- The additional arm stiffening serves to further increase dynamics and sense of power and control in the bass
- Superior Yoke design – encompassing higher grade material and precision tolerancing of parts. This results in an incredibly transparent arm with superb tonal balance. Finally the yoke is mirror polished and finished in chrome
- Bearing design – gimballed arm using specially treated bearings
- The Threaded base is upgraded from the Silver with a more sophisticated internal design and superior alloy
- The Threaded base is upgraded from the Silver with a more sophisticated internal design
- Counterweight is of a superior alloy to the lower arms to produce deeper bass
- Integral VTA adjustment
- High grade Internal Litz wire for transparency
- Upgrade external cable (6mm diameter) with high conductivity RCA plugs to fit into your amplification
- Easy to fit – the threaded base mounting makes the arm easy to fit to any armboard designed for Rega arms as it is a drop in replacement for ALL versions of Rega arm whether threaded base or 3 point mounting
- There is also an Origin Live SME adaptor which means the arm can be fitted to any SME armboard
- Predrilled armboards are also available for the Linn LP12
People often ask whether a certain cartridge compliance will match a certain Origin Live arm. Thankfully our arms avoid this issue. Unlike the norm, they prove to work well on all cartridges whatever the brand. This even applies to “difficult” cartridges such as Shure and London Decca. Users attest they Origin Live arms are entirely at home with Dynavector, Kuoetsu, Lyra, Benz and any other brand you care to name.
The explanation for this is, that in practice, matching the arm effective mass with cartridge compliance, is nowhere near as important as very low resonance and structural integrity within the arm itself. Yes, compliance matching can help badly behaved arms but with a well designed arm it’s of very low significance and is best ignored.
The answer is that all our arms work well on all types of turntable whatever the brand. The same holds true for questions like, which of our arms is the best choice for a certain deck? All our arms have proved to work well with all types and brands of turntable so the higher the arm quality, the greater your return on investment.
How to fit the arm to your deck
How to fit an Origin Live arm to your deck is dealt with in fitting guidance for all Origin Live tonearms.
KEY PARAMETERS FOR ALL ARMS
- Effective Length 239mm (9 inch Version), 254mm (10 inch Version), 309mm (12 Inch Version)
- Effective Mass: Varies according to model – See specifications (links above).
- Arm mount adaptors are available to fit many decks – See fitting guidance.
- Tracking Force set by Counterweight position – no springs.
- Side Bias set by falling weight on thread for ultra-low friction.
- VTA adjuster enables infinitely variable height adjustment in easily repeatable increments.
We are still delivering orders as normal. When your order ships you will still receive tracking details. For UK shipments, Our couriers have procedures in place to ensure deliveries are arriving as quickly & safely as possible. Drivers can now sign for your parcels, however will notify you that they have arrived, in order to ensure you receive your parcel. Signing for the parcel has now been stopped temporally for hygiene reasons. Drivers are also working with customer instructions, so you can ask them to leave the parcel in a safe place (doorstep etc...) if you prefer not to come into direct contact with the driver.
There has been no changes to deliveries with Brexit. All deliveries to the UK mainland, Northern Ireland and the Republic of Ireland are operating as normal. No VAT or charges are applicable.
Express Delivery is FREE on all orders over £50. Express Delivery offers delivery in 24-72 hours from time of purchase. We use premium couriers for this service, mainly DPD & Royal Mail. DPD will offer you a one hour window for delivery to make sure someone is at home, or you can reschedule the delivery if no one is around.
Here at Kronos AV, we have vast experience with e-commerce sales. Making sure that your parcel arrives undamaged is a huge priority for us. That’s why at Kronos AV, we only use premium couriers for all our orders. All our parcels are shipped with DPD or Royal Mail and are always sent Signed For to make sure it gets to the right person.
If for any reason your parcel does arrived damaged, please get in touch, and we will be happy to get everything resolved for you. We are always on hand to help!
We can offer very generous trade in offers across the majority of our product range.
Why not ask and see how much you HiFi is worth!
To find out how much your HiFi is worth... Click Here
If you have any question, please feel free to call us on 03435236169 or email email@example.com