The JERN®12 WS is developed to work without a subwoofer close to the walls.
For even deeper bass, a subwoofer can be added below 65 Hz.
The JERN®12 WS is the new revolutionary compact speaker from JERN®. It is delicate and discreet but it delivers High End audio quality. The key to its performance is all in its design, components and choice of materials.
The name JERN®12
In Danish, JERN® means IRON, which refers to the cabinet material.
Speakers are a part of our homes just like any other piece of furniture or art, and to most people it is important to have a beautiful and stylish home.
The detailed surface of each speaker is unique to that single speaker. It is just like fingerprints; they look similar but in detail there is no other just like yours.
A new generation
The iron for the cabinet is made from recycled materials and is good for a lifespan of more than a century.
Sound quality is an assessment of the accuracy and enjoyability, when it comes to audio output from an electronic device. Sound is all about transferring the soundwaves out of the loudspeaker drivers to you, and reducing disturbing vibrations and noise from the cabinet. Different materials give different vibration levels. Traditionally, speakers are made from wood because of its low cost and ability to reduce vibrations. JERN® focuses on the perfect sound, which is the cornerstone in our production, design, components and choice of materials. The JERN®12 and JERN®14 loudspeakers are made from our special vibration absorbing grey cast Iron (called Vibrakill® ) that reduce vibrations up to 100 times better than Aluminium. Our cabinets are also much better than MDF and wood. This is our key component to the clear and clean sound that the JERN® loudspeakers delivers.
|Design||Two way. Phase linear wide dispersion design. Sealed cabinet for best transient response.|
|Drive Units||Unique Wavecor woofer 5 3/4 inch 146 mm frame.
Excellent midrange performance due to a new wowen and optimized glass fibre cone design. Fibre Glass Cone
– Rigid steel chassis with extensive venting for lower air flow speed reducing audible distortion
– Vented center pole with dual flares for reduced noise level at large cone excursions
– Heavy-duty fiber glass voice coil former to reduce mechanical losses resulting in better dynamic performance and low-level details
– Large motor structure for better control and power handling
– Built-in alu field-stabilizing ring for reduced distortion at high levels
– Low-loss suspension (high Qm) for better reproduction of details and dynamics
– Black plated motor parts for better heat transfer to the surrounding air
– Conex spider for better durability under extreme conditions
Gold plated terminals to ensure long-term trouble free connection
– Delivered with foam gasket attached for hassle-free mounting and secure cabinet sealing
– The tweeter is a ScanSpeak 20 mm. Wide dispersion. Low distortion due to long excursion. Textile membrane.
– The tweeter frame is damped by a 3 mm thick sheep wool felt disc with a star shaped cutout for the dome.
– This disc also reduce the soundwaves traveling out from the dome on the tweeter surface to the edge, and thus makes frequency response smoother.
– The JERN®12 WS is an improved version of the JERN®12 WP, with a lower resistance crossover coil, real sheep wool damping inside, and vibration resistant braided screened silver coated copper cables.
– The JERN®12 WS is very similar to the highly praised JERN®14 ES, the main difference is the woofer and the loudspeaker terminals.
– Dimensions 30 cm tall, 19,5 cm deep and 21 cm wide. Net weight 12,2 kg
|Frequency response||45 – 20.000 Hz in room, -6dB at 65 Hz in anechoic chamber|
|Comments||These loudspeakers are developed to work really well close to walls|
|Crossover||The phase linear 6dB/octave custom-made crossover uses a Mundorf polypropylen capacitor and an large air core coil. It delivers a fine 3D soundstage.|
|Amplifier requirements||25 – 150W / 4 Ohm Sensitivity (2.83V/1m) 86 dB Impedance 4Ω|
|Accessories||The rubber ring is included with each JERN12.|
We are still delivering orders as normal. When your order ships you will still receive tracking details. For UK shipments, Our couriers have procedures in place to ensure deliveries are arriving as quickly & safely as possible. Drivers can now sign for your parcels, however will notify you that they have arrived, in order to ensure you receive your parcel. Signing for the parcel has now been stopped temporally for hygiene reasons. Drivers are also working with customer instructions, so you can ask them to leave the parcel in a safe place (doorstep etc...) if you prefer not to come into direct contact with the driver.
There has been no changes to deliveries with Brexit. All deliveries to the UK mainland, Northern Ireland and the Republic of Ireland are operating as normal. No VAT or charges are applicable.
Express Delivery is FREE on all orders over £50. Express Delivery offers delivery in 24-72 hours from time of purchase. We use premium couriers for this service, mainly DPD & Royal Mail. DPD will offer you a one hour window for delivery to make sure someone is at home, or you can reschedule the delivery if no one is around.
Here at Kronos AV, we have vast experience with e-commerce sales. Making sure that your parcel arrives undamaged is a huge priority for us. That’s why at Kronos AV, we only use premium couriers for all our orders. All our parcels are shipped with DPD or Royal Mail and are always sent Signed For to make sure it gets to the right person.
If for any reason your parcel does arrived damaged, please get in touch, and we will be happy to get everything resolved for you. We are always on hand to help!
We can offer very generous trade in offers across the majority of our product range.
Why not ask and see how much you HiFi is worth!
To find out how much your HiFi is worth... Click Here
If you have any question, please feel free to call us on 03435236169 or email email@example.com