- Condition & Details
- COVID 19 & BREXIT Shipping Update
- Express Delivery
- Trade In
The fundamental qualities that made the original TL-5.5 special—its all-tube design, the optional retrofittable phono stage, and its superb sonic characteristics—are unchanged. What’s new is the application of advanced audio technology sourced from VTL’s TL-7.5 Reference and TL-6.5 Signature preamplifiers. This technology uses a simple circuit topology with low negative feedback and a high current/low impedance output stage in a low-noise microprocessor-based design. Top quality parts, fully balanced operation, and precision-regulated and shielded power supplies yield a full yet neutral sound with high resolution, transparency, speed and powerful dynamics.
Much of the engineering prowess inherent in these world-class preamps has been transferred to the new TL5.5. New fully regulated power supplies are similar to those of its bigger siblings and the unit is now fully balanced, for inputs as well as outputs. Similarly, VTL’s latest thinking from our new and acclaimed TP-6.5 Signature phono stage is now applied to the optional MC phono stage, which can be easily retrofitted internally. It offers 68dB of gain and a balanced output, with a JFET/12AU7 high current MC stage (or high-grade stepup transformer), split-pole passive RIAA stage with a dual 12AX7 MM stage for maximum headroom voltage swing. Triple-precision power supply regulation and full gain and load setting with RIAA enhanced and rumble cut functions translate to a clean and quiet yet dynamic sound that brings vinyl to life!
VTL has delivered on its goal of bringing advanced engineering and modern functionality to the new TL-5.5 Series II preamplifier. With the same highly intuitive user interface of the renowned TL-7.5 and 6.5, and a full-function remote, the new TL-5.5 is a pleasure to use. A rigid, well-shielded chassis yields quiet operation while bi-directional RS-232 serial interface allows for seamless integration into any audio system. A luxurious cosmetic makeover includes a sleek and visually striking precision-milled faceplate similar to those used on its much more expensive brethren. For a well-priced, high-performance all-tube preamplifier, the TL-5.5 is a truly fine addition to any system.
- Almost half the price of the TL-6.5 Signature Preamplifier
- Luxurious cosmetics to match with Reference and Signature models
- Fully balanced differential linestage with increased functionality
- Optional internally retrofittable phono stage, with user adjustable cartridge loading and gain options
- Precision-regulated B+ and B- supplies
- Tube life extender circuit with B+ delay and soft filament ramp on power on
- Balanced design, low-radiation power transformer
- Quiet logic: Microprocessor sleep mode, quiet non-matrixing LED display with latching shift registers
Line Stage: All-tube, with lower gain high current 12AU7 circuit and 12AT7 buffer, minimal negative feedback
- Two balanced /single-ended inputs, five single-ended inputs, one tape in, one balanced out, one single-ended out, one buffered record out
- Soft-touch relay input select
- 117-step chip-based differential volume control, with 3-digit display
- Higher resolution via single higher-resolution attenuator, and software control for balance and offset
- Switchable gain between normal and low gain
- Mono control on front panel
- Fully bi-directional RS-232 control: programmable input offset, any input programmable as pass-through, and input disable, tape monitor and Mono control on front panel
- Two programmable trigger outputs
- Full function aluminum metal remote
- TP-6.5 chassis size with all precision machined aluminum cosmetic
Phono stage: JFET/parallel 12AU7 design from TP-6.5: 66dB gain balanced (23dB MC, 45dB MM)
- Split-pole Passive RIAA with paralleled 12AX7 and 12AT7 gain stage
- MM / MC select via jumper
- MM Gain setting: fixed at 40 dB
- MC Gain settings via jumper: 3 steps of 6dB: 66dB, 60dB, 54dB
- Loading: MM 47k, MC: 100 ohm, 220 ohm, 470 ohm, 1K ohm, 47K ohm
- Enhanced RIAA (selectable via jumper)
- Rumble filter setting via front panel
- Selectable bal/ S/E output via jumper
- Dual-use buttons on front panel for phono-only functions
- MC and MM gain trims
|Vacuum Tube Complement||2 x 12AU7, 4 x 12AT7 (line stage)|
|Inputs||2 pair balanced/XLR or RCA single-ended, 6 pairs single-ended/RCA|
|Outputs||1 pair balanced out, 1 pair single-ended RCA out, 1 pair single-ended RCA buffered Record Out|
|Remote control functions||Power, Source Select, Volume up/down, Mute, Fade, Balance Control, Phase Reverse|
|Gain||Normal Gain -11dB single ended, 17dB balanced; Switchable to Low Gain – 6dB SE, 11dB balanced|
|Output impedance||150Ω, Max 400Ω @ 10Hz|
|Frequency Response||1Hz – 200kHz, +0 -1dB|
|Maximum Output Voltage <1% THD||30V @ 10Hz – 200kHz, 1.75V into 600 ohms @ 1%THD|
|Channel separation||>100dB @ 1kHz (>80dB @ 20kHz)|
|Power consuption||60W line stage, 130W with phono stage|
|Dimensions W x D x H||17.5 x 17.5 x 4.75 Inch (44.45 x 44.45 x 12.06 cm)|
|Weight||40lbs (18.12Kg) fully packed, 30lbs (13.6Kg) unpacked|
|TL5.5 Phono Stage||MM||MC|
|Vacuum Tube Complement||2 x 12AX7, 2 x 12AT7||2 x 12AT7, 2 x 12AX7, 2 x 12AU7|
|Load||45kΩ||Selectable 100Ω, 220Ω, 470Ω, 1kΩ, 47kΩ|
|Gain||40dB||Selectable 54dB, 60dB, 66dB|
- Comes in a TL 6.5 Box & Packaging
- Comes with remote
- No Manual
- Several Marks - Front Left corner, centre front edge, small marks on top plate
We are still delivering orders as normal. When your order ships you will still receive tracking details. For UK shipments, Our couriers have procedures in place to ensure deliveries are arriving as quickly & safely as possible. Drivers can now sign for your parcels, however will notify you that they have arrived, in order to ensure you receive your parcel. Signing for the parcel has now been stopped temporally for hygiene reasons. Drivers are also working with customer instructions, so you can ask them to leave the parcel in a safe place (doorstep etc...) if you prefer not to come into direct contact with the driver.
There has been no changes to deliveries with Brexit. All deliveries to the UK mainland, Northern Ireland and the Republic of Ireland are operating as normal. No VAT or charges are applicable.
Express Delivery is FREE on all orders over £50. Express Delivery offers delivery in 24-72 hours from time of purchase. We use premium couriers for this service, mainly DPD & Royal Mail. DPD will offer you a one hour window for delivery to make sure someone is at home, or you can reschedule the delivery if no one is around.
Here at Kronos AV, we have vast experience with e-commerce sales. Making sure that your parcel arrives undamaged is a huge priority for us. That’s why at Kronos AV, we only use premium couriers for all our orders. All our parcels are shipped with DPD or Royal Mail and are always sent Signed For to make sure it gets to the right person.
If for any reason your parcel does arrived damaged, please get in touch, and we will be happy to get everything resolved for you. We are always on hand to help!
We can offer very generous trade in offers across the majority of our product range.
Why not ask and see how much you HiFi is worth!
To find out how much your HiFi is worth... Click Here
If you have any question, please feel free to call us on 03435236169 or email firstname.lastname@example.org