Parasound Halo JC3+ Phono Preamp
- Regular price £3,699.00
- Designed by John Curl - creator of the legendary Vendetta Research phono preamp
- Inputs and outputs use Vampire brand 24k gold-plated RCA jacks
- Balanced outputs use Neutrik brand premium XLR jacks
- MM 47k ohm, MC 47k ohm or MC variable 50-550 Ohms
- RIAA accurate within 0.2 dB
- Exclusively Vishay-Dale resistors in the audio path
- Triple shielding; low-carbon mild steel partitions isolate the power supplies & AC wires
- Dual mono design; each audio channel is separately enclosed in its own extruded aluminum enclosure
- Separate high speed-soft recovery rectifiers, filter caps and voltage regulators for each channel
- Superior R-core type power transformer
- Mono switch can improve sound of mono and older LPs
- Built-in AC line conditioner to prevent AC noise from polluting the circuits
- AC polarity reverse switch can reduce hum in many systems
- Non-magnetic aluminum rear panel for purest sound
- Turn On Options switch: manual or auto with 12v trigger input
- Premium detachable heavy gauge IEC AC cord
- 2u Chassis, rack mountable with HRA2 (sold separately)
How the JC 3+ improves on the original JC 3:
- Variable MC load adjust independent for each channel from 50-550 ohms with dual gang potentiometers specially made for Parasound by Vishay.
- Curl-Thompson tweaked circuits to further reduce the JC 3 silent background noise.
- 24k gold plated copper traces on phono module boards for utmost conductivity and most transparency/detail in the music.
- 47% larger low ESD power supply filter caps greater reserve for head-snapping dynamics.
- 82% larger R-core power transformer greater reserve for more low end impact.
- Ability to turn off illumination of the front panel P logo.
- Now Available in Silver or Black.
20 Hz - 20 kHz, +/- 0.2 dB
Total Harmonic Distortion
< 0.01% at 1 kHz
Signal to Noise Ratio, MM
> 87 dB, input shorted, IHF A-weighted
> 78 dB, input shorted, unweighted
Signal to Noise Ratio, MC
> 87 dB, input shorted, IHF A-weighted
> 67 dB, input shorted, unweighted
72 dB at 1 kHz
MM: 47k Ω
MC: 50 - 550 Ω variable, 47k Ω fixed
Unbalanced: < 100 Ω
Balanced: < 100 Ω per leg
Input Sensitivity at 1 kHz
MM: 4mV for 1 V output
MC: 600µV for 1 V output
MM: 48 dB
MC: 64 dB
XLR Pin Identification
1 = Ground (Shield)
2 = Positive
3 = Negative (Return)
AC Power Requirement
Standby: 1 watt
Power On: 12 watts
115 or 230 VAC 50 - 60 Hz
(Selected on Chassis Bottom)
Width: 17-1/4" (437mm)
Depth: 13-3/4" (350mm)
Height, with feet: 4-1/8" (105mm)
Height, without feet: 3-1/2" (89mm)
Net: 19 lbs. (8.6 Kg)
Shipping: 26 lbs. (11.8 Kg)
Rack Mount Accessory
HRA 2 (may be purchased separately)
We have several deomonstation areas in both of our branches. Please give us a call on 03435236169 or email email@example.com to enquire about hearing products at your local branch.
Please always contact us before to make sure the product(s) are available
Here at Kronos AV, we have vast experience with e-commerce sales. Making sure that your parcel arrives undamaged is a huge priority for us. That’s why at Kronos AV, we only use premium couriers for all our orders. All our parcels are shipped with DPD or Royal Mail and are always sent Signed For to make sure it gets to the right person.
DPD gives you an hourly window for delivery so you can make sure you are home, and you can of course track your parcel all the way from despatch to your front door, offering you peace of mind.
If for any reason your parcel does arrived damaged, please get in touch, and we will be happy to get everything resolved for you. We are always on hand to help!
We can offer very generous trade in offers across the majority of our product range.
Why not ask and see how much you HiFi is worth!
To find out how much your HiFi is worth... Click Here
If you have any question, please feel free to call us on 03435236169 or email firstname.lastname@example.org