- A compact footprint without compromising bass output or bass extension.
- Trickle-down Paradigm Reference technology … despite cone size, the Active Ridge (ART) Technology surrounds help cones move huge volumes of air for bass so loud and so deep it will send the cat running for cover.
- State-of-the-art room-tuning technology. Don’t worry about perfect placement, put the sub where it looks best and let Paradigm’s Perfect Bass Kit™ (sold separately) dial in perfect bass.
- Go wireless! Paradigm’s PT-1 transmitter (sold separately) can be used with up to four Monitor subwoofers simultaneously.
- The clean, modern aesthetic matches the new Monitor Series 7 speakers.
- Monitor Series 7 subs were designed, engineered and manufactured in our state-of-the-art Toronto, Canada facility.
- Line-level Inputs
- Auto On/Standby
- Subwoofer Level
- Subwoofer Cut-Off Frequency (continuously variable 50 Hz – 150 Hz); Bypass Option
- Sub/Sat Phase Alignment (continuously variable 0° to 180°)
THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN A GOOD SOUNDING SUBWOOFER AND A GREAT
SOUNDING SUBWOOFER IS IN THE DESIGN: PARTS, POWER, PRECISION
In today’s market, the call is for subwoofers in much smaller form factors but without any sacrifice in performance. Part of Paradigm’s success in this area is our proprietary design, our commitment to high-quality materials and a process known as Finite Element Analysis (FEA). FEA allows us to analyze the movement of the cone, monitor magnetic flux, evaluate heat dissipation and perform stress analyses on both component parts and the enclosure. We can enact “what if” scenarios, making virtual material substitutions or design changes and observing their effects on the magnet/motor structure before we even start building a sub. This ability to experiment is what has allowed us to achieve such incredible performance from a form factor as small as that of the tiny Monitor SUB 8.
- 900 watts Dynamic Peak Power / 300 watts RMS Sustained
- Ultra-Class-D™ Power Amplifier with Unique Switching Power Supply.
- BIG Power from a Compact Package: The low-noise high-power compact transformer (0.29 lb/0.13 kg) boasts an ETD core purpose-designed for smaller applications that must have high power. Noise suppression networks and top quality MOSFETs help to achieve high current but with quiet operation. Unlike conventional Class-D amplifier designs, our design inherently rejects variations in the power supply.
- Full-Bridge Output Stage: Operates from split power suppy rails ensuring exceptionally low distortion. Not only does the design increase the speed of switching it also dramatically increases switching efficiency.
- Precision Driver Components and Military-Spec (FR-4-Rated) Glass-Epoxy Circuit Board: Reference-quality component parts and a circuit board painstakingly designed by hand guarantee an enviable degree of performance and long-term reliability even under extreme conditions.
- Unique Temperature Sensors: Maintain a safe operating temperature even when the Monitor subwoofers are operating under maximum output conditions.
- Superior Short Circuit Protection: Should current through the MOSFETs exceed our internally preset limit, the Digital Signal Processing (see below) disables the output stage. Reaction time is typically within 10 μs.
- Digital Signal Processing: Monitors the line current and voltage so that long-term average output power remains continuous. Sophisticated mathematical algorithms shape frequency response (see graph) ensuring accurate, consistent and musical bass without distortion even when the subs are pounding out bass at the highest levels.
INJECTION-MOLDED CARBON-LOADED POLYPROPYLENE CONES
A high stiffness-to-mass ratio is an important aspect in a woofer’s ability to deliver that loud, deep, clean and articulate bass we all desire. In this case, in-house injection-molding and a 30% carbon content made for a wonderfully stiff cone while the polypropylene, an inherently well-damped material, delivered the necessary lightness, the cone is never weighed down in its movement.
ACTIVE RIDGE (ART) TECHNOLOGY SURROUNDS
Crafted in-house using audiophile-grade injection-molded thermoplastic elastomer, and then overmolded directly onto our driver cones, the exclusive ART Surround design achieves greater excursion than any standard surround. With ART Surrounds, drivers achieve a 3dB gain in distortion-free output (50% greater output).
We are still delivering orders as normal. When your order ships you will still receive tracking details. For UK shipments, Our couriers have procedures in place to ensure deliveries are arriving as quickly & safely as possible. Drivers can now sign for your parcels, however will notify you that they have arrived, in order to ensure you receive your parcel. Signing for the parcel has now been stopped temporally for hygiene reasons. Drivers are also working with customer instructions, so you can ask them to leave the parcel in a safe place (doorstep etc...) if you prefer not to come into direct contact with the driver.
There has been no changes to deliveries with Brexit. All deliveries to the UK mainland, Northern Ireland and the Republic of Ireland are operating as normal. No VAT or charges are applicable.
Express Delivery is FREE on all orders over £50. Express Delivery offers delivery in 24-72 hours from time of purchase. We use premium couriers for this service, mainly DPD & Royal Mail. DPD will offer you a one hour window for delivery to make sure someone is at home, or you can reschedule the delivery if no one is around.
Here at Kronos AV, we have vast experience with e-commerce sales. Making sure that your parcel arrives undamaged is a huge priority for us. That’s why at Kronos AV, we only use premium couriers for all our orders. All our parcels are shipped with DPD or Royal Mail and are always sent Signed For to make sure it gets to the right person.
If for any reason your parcel does arrived damaged, please get in touch, and we will be happy to get everything resolved for you. We are always on hand to help!
We can offer very generous trade in offers across the majority of our product range.
Why not ask and see how much you HiFi is worth!
To find out how much your HiFi is worth... Click Here
If you have any question, please feel free to call us on 03435236169 or email firstname.lastname@example.org