Nu-Vista 800 - Overview
Nuvistor tubes were invented in the 1950s to solve the many shortcomings of conventional tubes. Unlike them, Nuvistor tubes offer very high reliability, low microphony, low noise, consistency from batch to batch, small size, relatively low power consumption and great technical performance.
Unfortunately just as uses for Nuvistor tubes were being explored, the transistor was invented and it was ‘game over’ for Nuvistors.
There the matter rested until about fifteen years ago, when Musical Fidelity created the first of its ground-breaking Nu-Vista series. These legendary, limited-edition products sold out in a matter of months. Today, fifteen years later, they command very high second-hand prices because of their beautiful sound, build quality, and longevity
Nuvistor tubes plus SMD technology = innovation
Never before in the history of hi-fi have Nuvistor tubes been coupled with state-of-the-art SMD technology and sophisticated modern design techniques. The Nu-Vista 800’s technical performance is astonishing.
- More than 300 watts per channel with unconditional stability margins and incredible load driving ability
- Incredibly low distortion over a colossal bandwidth
- Extremely low noise
- Extremely flat frequency response
The Nu-Vista 800 measures like a dream but, more importantly, it sounds incredible. It is silky smooth with enormous transients and an effortless feel that is at once relaxing and involving. Of special note how the Nu-Vista 800 projects images between the loudspeakers so that you can almost touch them.
The new Nu-Vista 800 was a labour of love for Musical Fidelity. We are passionate about what we do and passionate about Nuvistor tubes. Everyone at Musical Fidelity hopes that you derive as much pleasure listening to the Nu-Vista 800 as we had creating it.
Nu-Vista 800 In Brief
- A work of audio art including the famed Nu-Vista value buffer stage
- Five versatile inputs - Balanced XLR, CD, Tuner, 2 x Auxiliary
- Both fixed line and variable pre outputs
- Home Theatre bypass
- Total stability margin, will drive any loudspeaker with ease
- Cutting edge technical performance with the magic of Nu-Vistors
- Dual mono power amps with separate preamp
- Superb design, Heroic build quality
Nu-Vista 800 - Specifications
- Power output: 330 Watts per channel into 8 Ohms
- THD (+ noise): <0.005 % typical 20Hz - 20 kHz
- Signal to Noise Ratio: >107dB ‘A’ - weighted
- Frequency Response: +0, –0.1dB, 10Hz to 30 kHz
- 4x Line Level RCA / Phono
- 1x Line Level XLR Balanced
- 1 pair line level RCA connectors, constant level Line outputs
- 1 pair line level RCA connectors, preamp outputs for e.g. bi-amping
- Dimensions - WxHxD (mm): 483 x 187* x 510
- *212mm on included optional pointed feet
- Weight (unpacked / packed): 39 kg/ 47 kg
Did you know what you can trade in your old amplifier and get up to £3000 off the price of the Nu Vista 800 amplifier. Please contact us for full details. Please not that this is not available if you pay by finance.
We have several deomonstation areas in both of our branches. Please give us a call on 03435236169 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to enquire about hearing products at your local branch.
Please always contact us before to make sure the product(s) are available
Express Delivery is FREE on all orders over £50. Express Delivery offers delivery in 24-72 hours from time of purchase. We use premium couriers for this service, mainly DPD & Royal Mail. DPD will offer you a one hour window for delivery to make sure someone is at home, or you can reschedule the delivery if no one is around.
Here at Kronos AV, we have vast experience with e-commerce sales. Making sure that your parcel arrives undamaged is a huge priority for us. That’s why at Kronos AV, we only use premium couriers for all our orders. All our parcels are shipped with DPD or Royal Mail and are always sent Signed For to make sure it gets to the right person.
If for any reason your parcel does arrived damaged, please get in touch, and we will be happy to get everything resolved for you. We are always on hand to help!
We can offer very generous trade in offers across the majority of our product range.
Why not ask and see how much you HiFi is worth!
To find out how much your HiFi is worth... Click Here
If you have any question, please feel free to call us on 03435236169 or email email@example.com