- COVID 19 & BREXIT Shipping Update
- Want to hear it?
- Express Delivery
- Trade In
More than seven years after introducing the TL6.5 Signature Preamplifier to wide acclaim, VTL presents a significantly revised version, the TL6.5 Series II. The new model incorporates numerous circuit improvements while retaining the best elements of the TL6.5 platform. The proven strengths of the original system design include a single chassis architecture, a fully balanced differential design, a hybrid circuit that combines tubes in the gain stage for voltage linearity, with a FET buffer for greater current capacity, a high resolution volume control with high overload capability, and precision-regulated power supplies. The highly-regarded user interface of the TL6.5 platform is renowned for its intuitive functionality and ease of use, with full-function remote control, and a fully bi-directional RS-232 control interface for increased compatibility with modern home theater systems.
The TL-6.5 Series II incorporates most of the advanced technology found in VTL’s flagship preamplifier, the TL-7.5 Series III, for a dramatically higher level of performance compared to the original design. The new version features an extensively revised power supply based on current-sourced shunt regulator technology that minimizes impact on the audio signal. Far more precise power regulation yields dramatically improved rejection of noise and AC fluctuation.
The completely redesigned high current gain stage utilizes newly available FET technology developed for green technologies such as solar panels and electric cars that require a normally-on state. Unlike MOSFETs that need to be biased on, normally-on devices operate more like vacuum tubes in the audio output stage, with simpler circuits that continuously conduct current, resulting in a more tube-like sound. The high-current gain stage is shock-mounted like the TL-7.5, and has been further optimized for linearity, with zero global negative feedback.
Also included in the upgrade are re-voiced audiophile grade capacitors and additional bypassing.
Enhancements to the Series II result in an overall more tube-like sonic character, with more defined images in the listening space, a higher level of inner detail, and a dramatically improved mid-bass and midrange. The TL6.5 Series II is an exceptional match with any of VTL’s other Signature products.
Audio circuit features
- Fully balanced differential circuit with balanced in and out, and mirror-image layout
- Simple 2-stage circuit topology with differential gain stage and output buffers for musical purity and integrity
- Ultra low impedance output stage to drive any length of cable and any power amplifier/paralleled amplifier/subwoofer load
- 20 microfarad output capacitors for powerful bass control
- Tube complement: 2 x 12AU7/ECC82 tubes
- Gain switching between normal gain and low gain with 6dB gain reduction
- Single fully balanced differential 95-step 70dB discrete resistor relay attenuator for all attenuation functions
Control and power supply features
- Precision regulation
- Ramped B+ filament soft-start power up for extended tube life
- Huge energy storage power supply for elimination of AC fluctuation and noise rejection
- Low noise processor control design for all functions
User interface features
- Processor loop – any of 8 inputs can be assigned as fixed unity gain pass through
- Tape monitor function for both tape loops
- 2 separately programmable trigger outputs
- Bi-directional RS-232 interface
- Programmable input offsets
- Rigid Combination steel and non-magnetic chassis and machined aluminum remote wand
- New FET device output stage for more tube-like sound and simpler bias circuit
- Improved current source for improved musicality and better single-ended operation
- Zero Global NFB for vastly improved faster dynamic and tonal resolution, and unconditionally stable circuit, without any phase shift.
- All audiophile grade capacitors in signal path with bypass system for improved HF resolution
- Vastly improved lower impact and greater precision-regulated current-sourced shunt power supply
- Teflon power supply bypass caps for improved top end
- Microphonically damped tube gain stage for greater vibration noise elimination
|Vacuum Tube Complement||2 x 12AU7|
|Inputs||3 pairs balanced/XLR or RCA single-ended, 5 pairs single-ended/RCA|
|Outputs||1 pair balanced out, 2 pairs single-ended RCA out, 2 pairs single-ended RCA buffered Tape Out|
|Remote control functions||Power, Source Select, Volume up/down, Mute, Fade, Balance Control, Phase Reverse|
|Gain||NORM: 14 dB single ended, 19.2 dB balanced
LOW: 7 dB single ended, 13 dB balanced
|Output impedance||50Ω (500Ω @ 20Hz)|
|Input impedance||Balanced: 112kΩ (36kΩ min)
Single ended: 54kΩ (18kΩ min)
|Frequency Response +0, -o.3 dB||10Hz – 200kHz, into 5kΩ 1000pF load|
|Maximum Output Voltage <1% THD||13V 10Hz – 200kHz into >5kΩ load|
|Channel separation||>100dB @ 1kHz (>80dB @ 20kHz)|
|Dimensions W x D x H||17.5 x 17.5 x 6 inches (44.5 x 44.5 x 15.3 cm)|
|Weight||46lbs (20.86Kg) unpacked, 57lbs (25.85Kg) fully packed|
We are still delivering orders as normal. When your order ships you will still receive tracking details. For UK shipments, Our couriers have procedures in place to ensure deliveries are arriving as quickly & safely as possible. Drivers can now sign for your parcels, however will notify you that they have arrived, in order to ensure you receive your parcel. Signing for the parcel has now been stopped temporally for hygiene reasons. Drivers are also working with customer instructions, so you can ask them to leave the parcel in a safe place (doorstep etc...) if you prefer not to come into direct contact with the driver.
There has been no changes to deliveries with Brexit. All deliveries to the UK mainland, Northern Ireland and the Republic of Ireland are operating as normal. No VAT or charges are applicable.
We have several deomonstation areas in both of our branches. Please give us a call on 03435236169 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to enquire about hearing products at your local branch.
Please always contact us before to make sure the product(s) are available
Express Delivery is FREE on all orders over £50. Express Delivery offers delivery in 24-72 hours from time of purchase. We use premium couriers for this service, mainly DPD & Royal Mail. DPD will offer you a one hour window for delivery to make sure someone is at home, or you can reschedule the delivery if no one is around.
Here at Kronos AV, we have vast experience with e-commerce sales. Making sure that your parcel arrives undamaged is a huge priority for us. That’s why at Kronos AV, we only use premium couriers for all our orders. All our parcels are shipped with DPD or Royal Mail and are always sent Signed For to make sure it gets to the right person.
If for any reason your parcel does arrived damaged, please get in touch, and we will be happy to get everything resolved for you. We are always on hand to help!
We can offer very generous trade in offers across the majority of our product range.
Why not ask and see how much you HiFi is worth!
To find out how much your HiFi is worth... Click Here
If you have any question, please feel free to call us on 03435236169 or email email@example.com