The audiophile A2 headphone amplifier by Beyerdynamic captivates with an incredibly natural and powerful sound and a clear and high-quality design. With a sophisticated and intuitive operating concept, the A2 offers music lovers top sound performance - with headphones of any impedance.
The A2 headphone amplifier can be used to operate a maximum of two headphones. As the two headphone outputs are connected in parallel, the connected headphones should have the same nominal impedance between 16 - 600 ohms.
All A2 functions can be selected on the device itself or via the supplied infrared remote control. Furthermore, the headphone can temporarily be muted via the remote control.
The components inside the device are illuminated in a warm orange glow and can be seen through a transparent cover, which is made of a special ceramic printed glass with wave-shaped windows. The special circuit design features an amazingly natural and brilliant sound reproduction with an excellent resolution and spatiality. Discrete components are exclusively used as audio components. They may be bigger and require more room, but they work more precisely and reliably.
The volume control is made of solid aluminium with a high-grade motor-controlled ALPS potentiometer inside, which allows setting the volume via remote control. The selectable output impedance ensures an ideal control range of the volume potentiometer for all headphones no matter if they have a low or high impedance. With the selectable gain, A2 can optimally be adjusted to the connected audio source.
Due to a microprocessor-controlled intelligent relay, unpleasant cracking noise is avoided when turning the A2 on-off or when changing the audio source.
The gold-plated RCA connections on the rear allow the connection of audio sources and provide a signal transmission without loss. One input is passively connected with the line output of the A2, looping through incoming signals even when the A2 is in standby mode. In this case the A2 has only to be powered up if you want to listen to your music using your headphones.
Two buttons to select the signal source are backlit in orange to indicate which signal input is currently active.
The supplied headphone stand can be mounted to the bottom of the A 2 for storing the headphone, and the selectable supply voltage of 110 - 120 V or 220 - 240 V allows the device to be used worldwide.
- Discrete design of the integrated audio components
- Two 1/4" stereo headphone sockets (6.35mm) connected in parallel
- Volume control for both headphone outputs via motor-controlled high-quality ALPS potentiometer
- Backlit standby button (red/green)
- Two stereo inputs for two signal sources (RCA phono), one looped-through to connect signal sources with high levels (CD player, DVD player) and amplifiers
- Two buttons, backlit in orange, to select the signal source • Stereo output (RCA phono)
- Selectable gain (0 dB, -4 dB, +6 dB) and output impedance (0 Ω, 100 Ω)
- Switchable supply voltage for 110 - 120 V and 220 - 240 V • Remote control for all functions
- Headphone mute via remote control
- Headphone stand
- Frequency Response: 1Hz - 100kHz (-1 dB)
- Signal-To-Noise: >101 dB (unweighted)
- THD: 0.001% at 170mW / 250Ω
- Input Impedance: 50kΩ
- Output Impedance: Headphone output 0-100 Ω (Switchable)
- Output Power: 100mW / 600Ω, 170mW / 250Ω, 150mW / 32Ω
- Channel Separation: >89dB
- Max Gain: 18dB
- Power Supply: 110 - 120 V / 220 - 240 V / (Switchable) / 50 - 60Hz
- Audio Connections: 2 x line input, gold-plated RCA phono sockets / 1 x line output, gold-plated RCA phono sockets / 2 x headphone output, 1/4" stereo jack (6.35 mm), gold-plated contacts
- Dimensions: 216W x 235D x 55H mm
- Weight: 2230g
- RC2 infrared remote control
- Headphone stand, including mounting set
- Power Cable with Schuko connector (716006)
We are still delivering orders as normal. When your order ships you will still receive tracking details. For UK shipments, Our couriers have procedures in place to ensure deliveries are arriving as quickly & safely as possible. Drivers can now sign for your parcels, however will notify you that they have arrived, in order to ensure you receive your parcel. Signing for the parcel has now been stopped temporally for hygiene reasons. Drivers are also working with customer instructions, so you can ask them to leave the parcel in a safe place (doorstep etc...) if you prefer not to come into direct contact with the driver.
There has been no changes to deliveries with Brexit. All deliveries to the UK mainland, Northern Ireland and the Republic of Ireland are operating as normal. No VAT or charges are applicable.
Express Delivery is FREE on all orders over £50. Express Delivery offers delivery in 24-72 hours from time of purchase. We use premium couriers for this service, mainly DPD & Royal Mail. DPD will offer you a one hour window for delivery to make sure someone is at home, or you can reschedule the delivery if no one is around.
Here at Kronos AV, we have vast experience with e-commerce sales. Making sure that your parcel arrives undamaged is a huge priority for us. That’s why at Kronos AV, we only use premium couriers for all our orders. All our parcels are shipped with DPD or Royal Mail and are always sent Signed For to make sure it gets to the right person.
If for any reason your parcel does arrived damaged, please get in touch, and we will be happy to get everything resolved for you. We are always on hand to help!
We can offer very generous trade in offers across the majority of our product range.
Why not ask and see how much you HiFi is worth!
To find out how much your HiFi is worth... Click Here
If you have any question, please feel free to call us on 03435236169 or email firstname.lastname@example.org